Mission Statement and Terms of Reference
Lupset Health Centre Patient Participation Group - Mission Statement
Lupset Health Centre Patient Participation Group is designed to act as a bridge between the health care it provides, its patients and the staff. The partnership of up to 20 willing contributors will endeavour to represent a broad spectrum of age, gender, ethnicity and interest/experience so as to provide an accountable method of input and feedback to and from practice personnel and service users in order to facilitate the smooth operation of The Health Centre and assist in transition to any future changes.
The Patient Participation Group Terms of Reference (TOR)
- The total number of members within the group should be approximately 18-20.
- Should any additional patients enquire they should be informed that the list is unfortunately closed (due to physical constraints), but they can still take a part by receiving minutes and commented on items for discussion.
- Matters discussed within the room will always be assumed confidential unless otherwise stated.
- All members are equally important and all opinions should be respected.
- The meetings will normally last no more than 90 minutes unless otherwise stated.
- The meetings should not be used to air personal grievances or issues which should be addressed using the practice complaints procedure.
- The agenda should be kept to matters of business only (due to time constraints). Any additional business should be raised under Any Other Business (AOB).
- Members should inform the Secretary or Chair of any agenda items before the meeting.
- The Secretary is to keep a record of decisions in the form of brief minutes for each meeting.
- If a decision needs to be made then this will be done by a show of hands. In order for the decision to stand there should be a minimum of 12 members present (including the Secretary and Chair).
- Initially the meetings should be held once a month. However if agreed by the members this can be reduced to no less frequent that once a quarter.
- Apologies should be sent to the Secretary or Chair prior to the meeting if any member is unable to attend.
- These Terms of Reference are to be reviewed and any changes agreed annually. was discussed and agreed.